Today, I want to have a voice chat with my honey. What happen? After the connection connected, she asked me "Do you hear me, honey?" and "I hear you well, how about you?" I said ... but no signal to confirm that she received this words and then again ..."Do you hear me, honey?". It is so funny to know that I have the problem with using microphone. The speaker is good, but probably my microphone doesn't work. I try to find out how to fix this problem and finally this is a solution which I applied.

Open a new terminal and configure alsamixer application as following instructions:

  • sudo alsamixer
  • Unmute all the outputs by hitting “m”
  • Hit tab to go the capture settings
  • Highlight the “Mic” setting using the arrow keys
  • Hit space to enable the microphone
  • Highlight the “Capture” setting using the arrow keys
  • Hit space to enable capture
  • Hit escape

0 comments